OK, so it's only a few days since my last post on this topic, but let's get back on track with the days, hmm?
Plant Something -
No new seeds have hit soil, but I have planted out dwarf peas, bush beans and soya bean plants this weekend, along with beetroot and other brassica seedlings. I don't like planting out when it's so hot and dry, but it's long overdue for these plants anyway, so they're going to have to live with it! - or not.
I've also had another quick scan through the seed box and arranged it for the next few weeks, so the after-midsummer planting can commence next week...
- The last few mange tout. I might get a few more pods off these plants, but they're basically Done, baby. I expect to be pulling them out next week...
- The first of the broad beans!
3. Preserve something
Nothing this week.
Just the usual - composting etc.5. Want Not (preparing for shortage situations)~
Nothing this week!
6. Build/support Community Food Systems –
- Blogging about it
7. Eat the Food
- Raspberries and yoghurt on my breakfast
- Broad beans, straight from teh pod. Nom!
- Beetroots are looking very healthy and getting to a good size; start eating the greens!
- Broad beans harvest will ramp up during the week;
- Harvest seed peas and pull up the old plants
- Raspberries will be harvestable over the next week or so
- Aubergines are flowering!
- Tomatoes are abundant, but still green. Must remember to feed them, and keep an eye out.
- Peppers are starting to set fruit!